Re: Switch TAP tests of pg_rewind to use role with only functionpermissions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Switch TAP tests of pg_rewind to use role with only functionpermissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 09:40:36AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> If we haven't already (and knowing you it wouldn't surprise me if you had
> :P), we should probably look through the rest of the tests to see if we
> have other similar cases. In general I think any case where "can be run by
> non-superuser with specific permissions or a superuser" is the case, we
> should be testing it with the "non-superuser with permissions". Because,
> well, superusers will never have permission problems (and they will both
> test the functionality).

I am ready to bet that we have other problems lying around.

> I do think it's perfectly reasonable to have that hardcoded in the
> RewindTest.pm module. It doesn't have to be pluggable.

Thanks, I have committed the patch to do so (d4e2a84), after rewording
a bit the comments.  And particularly thanks to Peter to mention that
having more tests with such properties would be nicer.
--
Michael

Вложения