Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 08:23:06PM +0200, David Fetter wrote:
> Great idea!  Does it make sense to test all, or at least some
> significant fraction of the connectors listed in
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Client_Libraries by default?

This is a more interesting list:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

From what I can see, the major drivers not using directly libpq
support our SASL protocol: JDBC and npgsql.  However I can count three
of them which still don't support it: Crystal, pq (Go) and asyncpg.
pq and asyncpg are very popular on github, with at least 3000 stars
each, which is a lot I think.  I have also double-checked their source
code and I am seeing no trace of SASL or SCRAM, so it seems to me that
we may want to wait more before switching the default.
--
Michael

Вложения