Re: Progress reporting for pg_verify_checksums

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Progress reporting for pg_verify_checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 04:02:59PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Can you explain in more detail how this would work? I thought we came to
> the conclusion (and the documentation seems to indicate so), that you
> should stop all participating instances of a cluster and then enable
> checksums on all of them, which would impose a downtime.

That's what I was pointing out here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190320225924.GC20192@paquier.xyz

I still agree about keeping in the docs safer recommendations, in the
shape of the ones currently present, than what I mentioned on the
other thread.
--
Michael

Вложения