Re: Progress reporting for pg_verify_checksums

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: Progress reporting for pg_verify_checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 02.04.2019, 15:56 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> Regarding all this tooling around checksums.  With v12, enabling
> checksums with no actual downtime is doable with a primary-standby
> deployment using physical replication and one planned failover

Can you explain in more detail how this would work? I thought we came to
the conclusion (and the documentation seems to indicate so), that you
should stop all participating instances of a cluster and then enable
checksums on all of them, which would impose a downtime.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz

Сообщение: Re: "could not reattach to shared memory" on buildfarm member dory
Сообщение: Re: "could not reattach to shared memory" on buildfarm member dory