Re: clean up pg_checksums.sgml

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: clean up pg_checksums.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 09:32:10AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> PFA patch with minor improvements to documentation.

Patch does not apply, and I have reworded the last paragraph about
failures while operating.

> Also, what do you think about changing user-facing language from
> "check checksum" to "verify checksum" ?  I see that commit ed308d78
> actually moved in the other direction, but I preferred "verify".

Yes, that's a debate that we had during the discussion for the new
switches, and we have decided to use --check over --verify for the
default option.  On the one hand, "Check checksums" is rather
redundant, but that's more consistent with the option name.  "Verify
checksums" is perhaps more elegant.  My opinion is that having some
consistency between the option names and the docs is nicer.
--
Michael

Вложения