Re: pg_basebackup ignores the existing data directory permissions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_basebackup ignores the existing data directory permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 09:08:23AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> If we're going to go with -g {inherit|none|group} then -g inherit
> ought to do what was originally proposed on this thread -- i.e. set
> the directory permissions to match the contents.  I don't think that's
> a change that can or should be back-patched, but we should make it
> consistent as part of this cleanup.

No objections from me to do that actually.  That's a small
compatibility break, but with the new options it is possible to live
with.  Perhaps we should add into initdb the same switch?  Except that
"inherit" makes no sense there.
--
Michael

Вложения