Re: BUG #15668: Server crash in transformPartitionRangeBounds

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15668: Server crash in transformPartitionRangeBounds
Дата
Re: BUG #15668: Server crash in transformPartitionRangeBounds
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 03:44:39PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> We could make the error message more meaningful depending on the context,
> but maybe it'd better be pursue it as a separate project.

Yeah, I noticed that stuff when working on it this afternoon.  The
error message does not completely feel right even in your produced
tests.  Out of curiosity I have been working on this thing myself,
and it is possible to have a context-related message.  Please see
attached, that's in my opinion less confusing, and of course
debatable.  Still this approach does not feel completely right either
as that means hijacking the code path which generates a generic
message for missing RTEs. :(
--
Michael

Вложения