Re: Upgrade 10.5->10.6 : db crash BUS ERROR (sig 10), reproducible

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Upgrade 10.5->10.6 : db crash BUS ERROR (sig 10), reproducible
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2019-Mar-08, Peter wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 02:35:33AM +0000, Andrew Gierth wrote:

> ! I'm pretty sure nothing in our buildfarm is i386 without SSE2 though.
>
> *laugh* no problem with that. There probably wouldn't be any reason
> to have such.

Actually there *is* a very good reason to have one, which is that we
would have discovered this bug right away.  (Just ask Tom Lane for a
tally of bugs that have been discovered due to his old HPUX 10.20
dinosaur he keeps running just for that purpose).  It seems difficult to
grab hold of such hardware, however.  I don't suppose you have many
spare cycles on that machine of yours to run a buildfarm animal?