Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-02-27 10:55:49 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't think that a VACUUM option would be out of place, but a GUC
> sounds like an attractive nuisance to me.  It will encourage people to
> just flip it blindly instead of considering the particular cases where
> they need that behavior, and I think chances are good that most people
> who do that will end up being sad.

OTOH, as the main reason for wanting to disable truncation is that a
user is getting very undesirable HS conflicts, it doesn't seem right to
force them to change the reloption on all tables, and then somehow force
it to be set on all tables created at a later stage. I'm not sure how
that'd be better?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Сообщение: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation