Re: Logical replication and wal segment retention

От Johannes Truschnigg
Тема Re: Logical replication and wal segment retention
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 08:29:09AM -0500, John Scalia wrote:
> I thought as much. The basic problem, however, is that I never created the
> logical slots. The IIDR application did that all by itself, and after it
> terminated, it did not bother to remove the slots. So, my disk monitor threw
> up when the WAL file system began to fill up. I was trying then to figure
> out why it did that.

I don't know the particular product that made you experience these troubles,
but it could be on purpose (if it relies on consuming the WAL continuously,
like a proper streaming replication slave/secondary would, and expectes to be
able to continue working where it left off before terminating) - or it could
be a rather dangerous usability hurdle that should, at the very least, be
clearly documented.

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Logical replication and wal segment retention
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication and wal segment retention