Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* David Steele (david@pgmasters.net) wrote:
> On 2/25/19 7:50 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> >Thought?
>
> Here's the really obvious bad thing: if users do not update their procedures
> and we ignore backup_label.pending on startup then they will end up with a
> corrupt database because it will not replay from the correct checkpoint.  If
> we error on the presence of backup_label.pending then we are right back to
> where we started.

Right, we definitely can't make a change which would cause non-updated
systems using the same APIs to suddenly end up with corruption.  If we
require a change be made to the scripts that run the process then we
must make it something the user is essentially opt'ing into- where
they've told us explicitly that they're ready to use the new interface,
which is how the non-exclusive backup mode was added.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode