Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions
Дата
Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Feb-13, Andrew Gierth wrote:

>  Alvaro> I've pushed this now. Let's see what the buildfarm has to say
>  Alvaro> about it.
>
> Lapwing's latest failure looks like yours rather than mine now? (the
> previous two were mine)

It definitely is ... plans have changed from using IndexOnly scans to
Seqscans, which is likely fallout from the visibilitymap_count() change.
Looking.

(I patched the Makefile to add -mpopcnt to all the compile lines rather
than just the frontend one, but I can't see that explaining the
failure.)