Re: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-02-08 09:19:31 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 11:06:27PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Probably right.  I figured it would be useful to see what the outcome is
> > with primary_conninfo, so they can be treated similarly.
>
> The interactions with waiting for WAL to be available and the WAL
> receiver stresses me a bit for restore_command, as you could finish
> with the startup process switching to use restore_command with a WAL
> receiver still working behind and overwriting partially the recovered
> segment, which could lead to corruption.  We should be *very* careful
> about that.

I'm not clear on the precise mechanics you're imagining here, could you
expand a bit? We kill the walreceiver when switching from receiver to
restore command, and wait for it to acknowledge that, no?
C.F. ShutdownWalRcv() call in the lastSourceFailed branch of
WaitForWALToBecomeAvailable().

Greetings,

Andres Freund