Re: Multiple postgresql clusters with same version and separatebinaries

От Stéphane KANSCHINE
Тема Re: Multiple postgresql clusters with same version and separatebinaries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le ven.  4 janv., vers 16:30, Erika Knihti-Van Driessche exprimait :

> Hi,

Hey !

> Thanks all for your replies and help! I already thought that it’ll
> be possible to just install binaries in different locations.

It's not necessary, you "only" have to separate services, one
thing that manages the services files in the Debian packages. It also
manages clusters init and stop/start/etc globally for services named :

- postgresql@10-cluster1
- postgresql@10-cluster2
- ...

> Oh, and I’m on RHEL 7. [...] Previously I did do a minor upgrade -
> shutdown all clusters and upgrade, then startup all.. but now they
> start doing difficult with downtime for all applications at the same
> time, so with next upgrade, I’ll separate all binaries.

Please don't, you'll regret it when you'll have to upgrade as you'll have
to uprade all your binaries. You should create separated services
files and a global one.

Regards,
--
Stéphane KANSCHINE - https://www.hexack.fr./ - https://www.nuajik.io./