Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writablevariables)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writablevariables)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Dec-27, Tom Lane wrote:

> I poked around a little on my own machines, and I can confirm that
> Getopt::Long is present in a default Perl install-from-source at
> least as far back as perl 5.6.1.  It's barely conceivable that some
> packager might omit it from their minimal package, but Red Hat,
> Apple, NetBSD, and OpenBSD all include it.  So it sure looks to
> me like relying on it should be non-problematic.

In Debian it's included in package perl-modules-5.24, which packages
perl and libperl5.24 depend on.  I suppose it's possible to install
perl-base and not install perl-modules, but it'd be a really bare-bones
machine.  I'm not sure it's possible to build Postgres in such a
machine.