Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-12-15 20:15:12 +0100, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 3:13 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > Further tasks I'm not yet planning to tackle, that I'd welcome help on:
> > - pg_dump support
> > - pg_upgrade testing
> > - I think we should consider removing HeapTuple->t_tableOid, it should
> >   imo live entirely in the slot
>
> I'm a bit confused, but what kind of pg_dump support you're talking about?
> After a quick glance I don't see so far any table access specific logic there.
> To check it I've created a test access method (which is a copy of heap, but
> with some small differences) and pg_dump worked as expected.

We need to dump the table access method at dump time, otherwise we loose
that information.

> As a side note, in a table description I haven't found any mention of which
> access method is used for this table, probably it's useful to show that with \d+
> (see the attached patch).

I'm not convinced that's really worth the cost of including it in \d
(rather than \d+ or such). When developing an alternative access method
it's extremely useful to be able to just change the default access
method, and run the existing tests, which this makes harder. It's also a
lot of churn.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: 'infinity'::Interval should be added
Сообщение: Re: 'infinity'::Interval should be added