Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* AYahorau@ibagroup.eu (AYahorau@ibagroup.eu) wrote:
> Is there any relation/dependency between status-interval  and
> wal_sender_timeot.?

Yes, if pg_basebackup doesn't ping the server with a status interval
within wal_sender_timeout amount of time then the server is going to
think it's disappeared.

> I  am asking this because even if I set  status-interval for pg_basebackup
> to 1 second( the most frequent feedback) I get the same error:

Sure- if they're both set to 1s, you're likely to still see the issue.
Networks take time and systems can end up being busy, so having such a
very tight timeout is, frankly, unlikely to work out all that well for
you regardless.

You could try setting wal_sender_timeout to 2s or maybe 5s and see if
that works better.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения