Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* AYahorau@ibagroup.eu (AYahorau@ibagroup.eu) wrote:
> Not so long ago I faced the problem of database synchronization using
> pg_basebackup utility on linux SLES 12 machine using PostgreSQL 10.4:
>
> pg_basebackup -h host01 -U dbuser  -D /var/PostgresDb   -w
> LOG:  standby "pg_basebackup" is now a synchronous standby with priority 1
> pg_basebackup: could not receive data from WAL stream: server closed the
> connection unexpectedly
>                  This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>                  before or while processing the request.
> pg_basebackup: child process exited with error 1
> pg_basebackup: removing contents of data directory "/var/RtpPostgresDb"
>

> PostgreSQL log of master server contain the following error entry:
> terminating walsender process due to replication timeout
>
> Currently my configuration is the following:
> wal_sender_timeout = 1s
> wal_receiver_timeout = 1s
> wal_receiver_status_interval = 10s

pg_basebackup has a status-interval option (called statusint in older
versions).  Have you tried setting that option...?

Also, seems like you'd really need to also be running pg_receivewal...
At some point the pg_basebackup will end and disconnect.  Or you could
run a replica instead of using pg_basebackup/pg_receivewal and then
take regular backups and archive your WAL with something like
pgbackrest.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup fails: could not receive data from WAL stream:server closed the connection unexpectedly