Re: More issues with pg_verify_checksums and checksum verificationin base backups

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: More issues with pg_verify_checksums and checksum verificationin base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 05:45:41PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > This doesn't exactly change my opinion regarding this discussion and I'd
> > rather we revert the "whitelist" patch and use the very minimal patch
> > from here:
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181012013918.GA30064%40paquier.xyz
>
> Believe me or not, but we have spent so much energy on this stuff that I
> am ready to give up on the whitelist patch and focus on other business.

I would have hoped that you'd see why I was concerned from the start
about this now that we have a released version of pg_verify_checksums
in 11.1 that is paper-bag-worthy.

> This doesn't change a couple of things though, so it is not *just* a
> simple revert with the patch you mention applied:
> - Adding a test for tablespaces makes sense.

I agree with this, of course.

> - skipfile should be called after making sure that we work on a file.

It's not clear to me what this is referring to, exactly...?  Can you
clarify?

> - temporary files and temporary paths should be ignored.

There's example code for how to do this in basebackup.c

> - it is necessary to exclude EXEC_BACKEND files.

Agreed, they should be added to the exclude list.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения