Re: More issues with pg_verify_checksums and checksum verificationin base backups

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: More issues with pg_verify_checksums and checksum verificationin base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 05:45:41PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> This doesn't exactly change my opinion regarding this discussion and I'd
> rather we revert the "whitelist" patch and use the very minimal patch
> from here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181012013918.GA30064%40paquier.xyz

Believe me or not, but we have spent so much energy on this stuff that I
am ready to give up on the whitelist patch and focus on other business.
This doesn't change a couple of things though, so it is not *just* a
simple revert with the patch you mention applied:
- Adding a test for tablespaces makes sense.
- skipfile should be called after making sure that we work on a file.
- temporary files and temporary paths should be ignored.
- it is necessary to exclude EXEC_BACKEND files.
--
Michael

Вложения