Re: inserts take longer and longer

От Stéphane KANSCHINE
Тема Re: inserts take longer and longer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le mar. 20 nov., vers 15:55, David Modica exprimait :

> hi all.

Hi,

> I hope this is the correct way to get help from the list.
[...]
> we have a developer who is doing batch inserts 20 at a time and each
> subsequent batch is taking longer to the point where it is a
> critical problem. I recently changed the out of the box config to
> see if that would help but it hasn’t:
[...]
> any direction as to what to look at would be appreciated.

When you're doing bulk insert, it's a good practice to drop index and
recreate it after.

Regards,
--
Stéphane KANSCHINE - https://www.hexack.fr./ - https://www.nuajik.io./
@ stephane@hexack.fr

От: David Modica
Сообщение: inserts take longer and longer