Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
What's with this comment?

     * Initially we must only set up 1 PartitionDispatch object; the one for
     * the partitioned table that's the target of the command.  If we must
     * route a tuple via some sub-partitioned table, then its
     * PartitionDispatch is only built the first time it's required.

You're setting the allocsize to PARTITION_ROUTING_INITSIZE, which is at
odds with the '1' mentioned in the comment.  Which is wrong?

(I have a few edits on the patch, so please don't send a full v18 -- a
delta patch would be welcome, if you have further changes to propose.)