Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-11-07 14:25:54 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> We need to move forward, either by undertaking a more extensive
> clean-out, or by finding a path to a version of the code that is
> satisfactory.
> [...]
> In short, it seems likely to me that large parts of this patch need to
> be pulled out, rewritten, and then put back in different places than
> they are today.  I'm not sure if a complete revert is the best next
> step, or if we can make progress without that.

I think the feature has merit, but I don't think it makes that much
sense to start with the current in-tree version. There's just too many
architectural issues.  So I think we should clean it out as much as we
can, and then have the feature re-submitted with proper review etc.

Greetings,

Andres Freund