Re: partitioned indexes and tablespaces

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: partitioned indexes and tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Nov-04, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 12:30:15PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> >>
> >> Nobody is running 11.0 in production.
> >
> > Uh, I know of people doing so.
>
> My understanding of the term GA is that anything marked as GA is
> considered enough stable for production use, and that beta releases are
> here for testing.  So I don't get the argument.

I think 11.0 is ready for testing that a migration from a production
running 10.x, but not for just blindly migrating.  If you wanted to take
such a leap of faith, surely you'd wait for 11.1 at the very least.

> And you have made partitioned indexes now inconsistent with
> partitioned tables.

I don't buy this consistency argument.  Partitions on partitioned tables
are not created automatically.  They are for indexes.  We just got bug
report #15490 about the problem I fixed.

> Seeing this stuff discussed and committed in haste gives me the sad
> face.

Nah.

Сообщение: Re: plruby: rb_iterate symbol clash with libruby.so
Сообщение: Re: plruby: rb_iterate symbol clash with libruby.so