Re: plruby: rb_iterate symbol clash with libruby.so

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plruby: rb_iterate symbol clash with libruby.so
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> writes:
> On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:25:31 PM CET Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, I'm now mighty confused about this as well.  PL/Ruby is pretty old
>> too, so how come nobody noticed this before?  Is its rb_iterate call in
>> someplace that hardly gets any use?

> ... I reproduced this by trigger function from tests/plt test-case
> on the first try, more info and related fixes in [1].  But it is truth
> that we haven't run the test-suite for RPM builds so far.
> Might the reason be that nobody used plruby at all for a very long time?

I'm starting to think that.  I just browsed through the code of plruby,
and while I don't know that language at all, there are rb_iterate calls
in places that look like they'd be hard to avoid in typical use.

The fact that the upstream git repo hasn't been touched in nine years
doesn't exactly indicate a lively project, either :-(

If you guys want to pursue this, I'll finish up the back-patch,
but I wonder if we're just wasting our time.