Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-11-06 23:11:29 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 11/6/18 10:54 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Looks new:
> > +   RELOPT_KIND_INDEX = RELOPT_KIND_BTREE|RELOPT_KIND_HASH|RELOPT_KIND_GIN|RELOPT_KIND_SPGIST,
> >
> > there aren't any other "for all indexes" type options, so the whole
> > category didn't exist before.
> >
> > It also strikes me as a really bad idea, even if RELOPT_KIND_GIST
> > wouldn't have been omitted: It breaks index am extensibility.
> >

> Does it? The RELOPT_KIND_* stuff is hard-coded in reloptions.h anyway,
> so I'm not sure how this particular thing makes it less extensible?

Well, you can create new index AMs in extensions these days, but given
the relopt design above, the feature cannot be disabled for them. Yes,
there's *currently* probably no great way to have reloptions across all
potential index types, but that's not an excuse for adding something
broken.

Greetings,

Andres Freund