Re: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-11-05 16:32:20 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Buildfarm did that long ago.
>
> > I don't think it did for pg_upgrade's test.sh?
>
> It's injected via the TEMP_CONFIG env variable.

Ah, thanks.  Is there any good reason to not instead have it in the
script? Doesn't strike me as great that it slows down normal regression
runs during development?  Injecting TEMP_CONFIG w/ fsync=off globally
for those (rather than in a single test wrapper), could counteract
explicit tests where fsync is wanted - beside the fact that one has to
do so manually.  Normal regression tests have long done so.

Greetings,

Andres Freund