Re: partitioned tables referenced by FKs

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: partitioned tables referenced by FKs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 1. it seems that we will continue to to per-row RI checks for inserts and
> updates. However, there already exists a bulk check in RI_Initial_Check().
> Could we modify this bulk check to do RI checks on a per-statement basis
> rather than a per-row basis?

One of the goals when implementing trigger transition tables was to
supplant the current per-row implementation of RI triggers with
per-statement.  I haven't done that, but AFAIK it remains possible :-)

Changing that is definitely not a goal of this patch.

Then I may try to tackle it myself in a separate thread.

Without an implementation, I can't say, but if I had to guess, I would
assume so.  Or maybe there are clever optimizations for that particular
case.

But in this case there is no actual defined trigger, it's internal code making an SPI call...is there an indicator that tells us whether this change was multi-row or not?