Re: creating table without columns

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: creating table without columns
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Re: Subodh Kumar 2018-10-30 <CA+KMk93CwQBP8SMeu_wcGdrj_ZTLVQVDpL-zbCd2vdy0hfWYrw@mail.gmail.com>
> Hello Everyone,
>            I have run below query it is created 'test' table without
> columns
>            but table row count is 2.
> please give me clarity about this, i thought it may give syntax error but
> not
> either it must have 2 rows data but both are not happened.
>

> with ins_test as (select 1 as srno
> union
> select 2)
> select into test from ins_test;

You missed "srno":

with ins_test as (select 1 as srno
union
select 2)
select srno into test from ins_test;
       ^^^^

You can also "select from tbl;" -- omitting the target list.

The easier way to get a table without columns, but with rows is this:

create table test();
insert into test default values;
insert into test default values;

Christoph

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Getting fancy errors when accessing information_schema on 10.5
Сообщение: Re: Getting fancy errors when accessing information_schema on 10.5