Re: Is there a work around for partition key needed for constraint

От Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
Тема Re: Is there a work around for partition key needed for constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:02:46 -0700 (MST)
legrand legrand <legrand_legrand@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe there is a solution equivalent to ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING,
> with some BEFORE INSERT TRIGGERS returning NULL when row already exists.
>
> Something like:
>
> create table tabpart (account_id integer not null, customer_id integer not
> null, date_added date ) partition by list (date_added);
> create table tabpart1  partition of tabpart for values in ('2018-10-24');
> create table tabpart2  partition of tabpart for values in ('2018-10-25');
> create index tabpart_index_id on tabpart(account_id,customer_id);
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION f_check_pkey() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$
>     BEGIN
>       IF count(1) >= 1 FROM tabpart WHERE account_id  = NEW.account_id
>                                    AND customer_id = NEW.customer_id
>           THEN
>             RETURN NULL;
>       ELSE
>         RETURN NEW;
>       END IF;
>     END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql ;

It seems to me you lack some locking to avoid duplicates. cf. my blog post we
discussed few weeks ago.

(btw, sorry, I somehow missed your answers on previous thread b/c holidays).

Сообщение: Re: Is there a work around for partition key needed for constraint
Сообщение: Re: Is there a work around for partition key needed for constraint