Re: pgsql: Build src/port files as a library with -fPIC, and usethat in li

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: pgsql: Build src/port files as a library with -fPIC, and usethat in li
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2018-09-28 <19404.1538140436@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > Is this is a problem for libpq5 users?
>
> I proposed in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/19581.1538077716@sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> that we should remove pqsignal, as well as
> pg_utf_mblen
> pg_encoding_to_char
> pg_char_to_encoding
> pg_valid_server_encoding
> pg_valid_server_encoding_id
>
> from libpq's exports, on the grounds that (a) nobody should be using
> those (they're undocumented as exports), and (b) anybody who is using
> them should get them from libpgport/libpgcommon instead.  Thoughts?

I'm fine with that if we say (a) should be true, and even if it is
not, (b) is an easy workaround. Bumping the libpq SONAME just because
of this seems excessive.

On the Debian side, I can simply remove the symbol from the tracking
file and the buildsystem will be happy again.

Christoph

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Build src/port files as a library with -fPIC, and use that in li
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Build src/port files as a library with -fPIC, and use that in li