Re: pgsql: Remove absolete function TupleDescGetSlot().

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove absolete function TupleDescGetSlot().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 05:10:39PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> git grep TupleDescGetSlot
>> doc/src/sgml/xfunc.sgml:     * user-defined SRFs that use the deprecated TupleDescGetSlot().
>> src/include/funcapi.h:   * user-defined SRFs that use the deprecated TupleDescGetSlot().
>
> But here I'm less convinced. It's not entirely clear to me that the only
> real reason for this to exists actually was TupleDescGetSlot(). OTOH, I
> can't really see any proper reason to have it either.

I have not been following the recent thread about the refactoring of
TupleSlot and such very closely, but if you don't plan to use
TupleTableSlot in FuncCallContext in the future, cannot this just go
away?  The function is not here anymore, so my take would be to get rid
of all things which relied on its presence.
--
Michael

Вложения