Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 01:06:09PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> I was wrong here. It was handled in HandleStartupProcInterrupts
> called from StartupXLOG. So, it should be just removed from the
> set. Sorry for the bogus patch.

Thanks for confirming.

Still, it looks like a waste to abuse on SIGINT just to forcibly wake up
the checkpointer and request from it a checkpoint...  And you could just
have used a new parameter for the checkpointer appended with
CHECKPOINT_FORCE.  I think that my approach of just making the set of
events purely ordered will save from any kind of race conditions, while
I suspect that what you propose here does not close all the holes.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Сообщение: Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP