Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

At Tue, 18 Sep 2018 11:38:50 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<20180918.113850.164570138.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>
<20180906233728.GR2726@paquier.xyz>
> > I am finally coming back to this patch set, and that's one of the first
> > things I am going to help moving on for this CF.  And this bit from the
> > last patch series is not acceptable as there are some parameters which
> > are used by the startup process which can be reloaded.  One of them is
> > wal_retrieve_retry_interval for tuning when fetching WAL at recovery.
>
> The third patch actually is not mandatory in the patch set. The
> only motive of that is it doesn't nothing. The handler for SIGHUP
> just sets got_SIGHUP then wakes up the process, and the variable
> is not looked up by no one. If you mind the change, it can be
> removed with no side effect.

I was wrong here. It was handled in HandleStartupProcInterrupts
called from StartupXLOG. So, it should be just removed from the
set. Sorry for the bogus patch.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center