Re: User to get locked after three wrong login attempts.

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: User to get locked after three wrong login attempts.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Praneel Devisetty <devisettypraneel@gmail.com> writes:
> > We have a requirement , where we require a user to get locked after three
> > wrong login attempts.
>
> The usual recommendation is to configure Postgres to use PAM
> authentication; then you can set up any weird requirements like
> this one in the PAM configuration.

Unfortunately, it's a pain to set up PAM and there's a lot of things in
the PAM stack which can't be used because PostgreSQL doesn't run as
root.  We should really have a better solution to this pretty commonly
asked for capability; I'm hoping to find time soon to hack on that.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения