Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 02:51:53PM +0200, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> On 07/25/2018 06:08 PM, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> >WITH ctename AS [[NOT] MATERIALIZED] (query)
>
> I think "NOT MATERIALIZED" would be a bit misleading since the
> planner may choose to materialize anyway, so I suggest skipping that
> part of the syntax unless there is a really strong reason for having
> it.

If we're going to give people specific knobs to turn as part of
queries to affect query plans[1], we should think it through at a much
higher level than this.

If we're not going to do that right away, we just need to treat
instances where the wrong call was made as planner bugs and address
them at that level.

Best,
David.

[1] Not to use the word that starts with 'h' and sounds like lints http://pghintplan.osdn.jp/