Re: Domain Constraint Violation Error Messages

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Domain Constraint Violation Error Messages
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2018-07-25 17:51:21 +0200, Benjamin Coutu wrote:
> > postgres[15271][1]=# \set VERBOSITY verbose
> > postgres[15271][1]=# INSERT INTO myusers (name, email, token) VALUES('', 'b', 'x');
> > ERROR:  23514: value for domain t_txt violates check constraint "dc_txt"
> > SCHEMA NAME:  public
> > DATATYPE NAME:  t_txt
> > CONSTRAINT NAME:  dc_txt
> > LOCATION:  ExecEvalConstraintCheck, execExprInterp.c:3521
> > Time: 0.503 ms
> >
> > That seems to address most of your complaint? Unfortunately the column
> > name is not available, as check constraints can involve more than one
> > column.
> >

> Well, the problem is that the underlying column is not referenced, and neither is the table. That's the issue right
there.

True.  I didn't yet have my first coffee, sorry for that :).  I think
it'd possibly not be too hard to add support for naming the TABLE. Would
that already be helpful enough for you?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Benjamin Coutu
Сообщение: Re: Domain Constraint Violation Error Messages
Сообщение: Re: Domain Constraint Violation Error Messages