Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Jul 08, 2018 at 04:06:50PM +0300, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed postgresql v9.6/10 in our company.

Which version did you install and how ?  Compiled or binaries from some repo ?
Using PGDG repo or some other one ?

> When I try to install the extension with yum it downloads the extension
> that is suitable for postgres 9.2 and moreover it also tries to install
> postgres 9.2 as one of the extensions dependencies.
I guess you have a version of RHEL for which the bundled, RH version of
postgres is v9.2 (?)  I see that's true for centos7:
postgresql-plpython.x86_64                                                          9.2.23-3.el7_4
                                   base

If you're using the PGDG repo (and probably if you're using another one, too),
keep in mind that most of the PG packages (at least since around version 9)
have as a suffix of their package name the major version: eg
postgresql10-contrib, postgis24_10-client, pgfincore10, pg_repack10).

That allows co-installing different major versions of postgres.

> Where can I find the source files of the extension for my version or how
> can I install it ?
Suggest trying to yum install postgresql10-plpython

Justin

От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension
От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension