Re: Streaming replication connection break - unexpected EOF onstandby connection

От Johannes Truschnigg
Тема Re: Streaming replication connection break - unexpected EOF onstandby connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Ganesh,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 06:37:25PM +0530, Ganesh Korde wrote:
> [...]
> 1. Because of what reason, " unexpected EOF on standby connection" occurs
> on primary db server?
> 2. After replication disconnection, secondary should immediately connect to
> primary, but it takes some time, what could be the reason for this?

From skimming the log, it seems to me that there is an issue at the
socket/network level, which yields the "connection reset by peer" eror
message.

What is the network between these two hosts like? Is it a WAN link; is a VPN
or SSH tunnel involved? Do you have other, long-running TCP sessions between
these peers, and do they experience similar or other problems? Do the hosts'
link-layer stats hint at problems, e. g. packet loss? Do the hosts' kernels
leave a message hinting at L2 connectivity problems in their debug ringbuffers
(`dmesg`) at the time you observe the replication drop out?

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

Вложения