Re: Add necessary package list to ldap TAP's README

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add necessary package list to ldap TAP's README
Дата
Re: Add necessary package list to ldap TAP's README  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 06:59:36PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 06:45:54PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I was a bit disturbed that you'd push information that was "just guessed",
>>> so I went and tried to run the ldap tests on a couple different platforms.
>
>> I assumed they were guessed at and at least the URLs checked out.
>> Should we remove the patch?

Yes, I was a bit surprised to see this patch pushed without checks about
what I guessed.  I am not a user of those other platforms.

> No, but it needs some adjustments.  I'll go fix what I checked.

c992dca2 did not change anything about ldap packages.  Are the ones
listed for RHEL and FreeBSD correct?

> Do you have an opinion on what to say about build-time vs test-time
> requirements?

It could be an idea to mention that for those test suites Postgres needs
to be built with the appropriate --enable-XXX switches or they are just
skipped silently.  Something in each README files across the lines is an
idea:
"This test suite requires PostgreSQL to be built with the configure
argument --enable-XXX or they are entirely skipped".
--
Michael

Вложения