Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-06-19 17:41:00 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > On 06/19/2018 05:21 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >> Given that we've "officially" stopped relying on context diffs,
> >> I don't see why we'd not also retire them in pg_regress.
>
> > Well I suspect at least one person would be made unhappy ;-)
>
> Not requiring them is considerably different from actually trying
> to stamp them out.

Sure - but I'm not trying to get rid of PG_REGRESS_DIFF_OPTS, just
talking about changing the defaults.

> There's already a (perhaps underdocumented) way to make regression
> diffs look the way you want in local runs.  Andrew's idea of getting
> the buildfarm server to display diffs either way would go a long
> way towards having that same flexibility for buildfarm results, though
> it does seem like rather a lot of work for a small point :-(

Yea, if this were all already available, I'd be happy with it. But...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Сообщение: Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave