Re: commitfest 2018-07

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: commitfest 2018-07
Дата
Re: commitfest 2018-07  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-06-04 23:32:18 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
> > On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 07:16:33PM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> There were some discussions about renaming the existing 2018-09 entry
> >> versus inserting a new one at -07 and requiring patches to be moved back
> >> explicitly.
>
> > I would do that to reduce unnecessary log noise, but I was unsure of the
> > actual status we are at.  I am pretty sure that nobody is going to
> > complain if what they submitted gets looked up two months earlier than
> > what was previously planned, so I would vote to rename the existing
> > 2018-09 to 2018-07, to rename the existing 2018-11 to 2018-09, and to
> > create three new CF entries.
>
> +1 for just renaming 2018-09 to 2018-07, if we can do that.  We'll end
> up postponing some entries back to -09, but that seems like less churn
> than the other way.

I'd rather create a new 2018-07, and just manually move old patches to
it. Otherwise we'll not really focus on the glut of old things, but
everyone just restarts working on their own new thing.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Spilling hashed SetOps and aggregates to disk
Сообщение: Re: Spilling hashed SetOps and aggregates to disk