Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-04-30 10:14:23 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Meanwhile, do we know if, on Linux 4.13+, if we get a buffered write
> error due to dirty writeback before we close() a file we don't
> fsync(), we'll get the error on close()?

Not quite sure what you're getting at with "a file we don't fsync" - if
we don't, we don't care about durability anyway, no? Or do you mean
where we fsync in a different process?

Either way, the answer is mostly no: On NFS et al where close() implies
an fsync you'll get the error at that time, otherwise you'll get it at
the next fsync().

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)
Сообщение: Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)