Re: BUG #15177: handling of the US/Pacific-New timezone

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15177: handling of the US/Pacific-New timezone
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 06:53:07PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alternatively, you can install your own version of the TZ files,
> customized however you like.  If you have as many constraints on
> (mis) behavior of the TZ data as you seem to indicate, I'm not
> sure you really want to be tracking IANA updates at all.  They
> frequently change their entries when they find better info about
> old timekeeping practices, and of course the politicians of the
> world keep changing current/future practices.  If you can't tolerate
> the zone definitions moving under you, you're guaranteed to get
> burnt sooner or later, unless you freeze that data set as it
> was at some-random-date.

There are a couple of ways to achieve that, one being to use configure's
--with-system-tzdata to point to a custom timezone folder which is
useful when it comes to packaging.  Another simple way to do that would
be to revert a portion of commit 41fc04ff which updated the database to
2018c and add back the link America/Los_Angeles -> US/Pacific-New.  But
after that you are on your own with a custom patch.
--
Michael

Вложения