Re: initdb fails to initialize data directory

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: initdb fails to initialize data directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 04:59:44PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Nitpick: using MAXPGPATH seems for the buffer size seems to wrong to me.
>> We're not storing a path here. MAXPGPATH is 1024 by default, which seems
>> fine, but I would've spelled it out directly as "line[1000]".
>
> Hmm ... yeah, kinda.  Do you care about it strongly enough for me to fix
> it in all branches?

Perhaps that's not worth bothering, but using MAXPGPATH which is for
file and folder paths for a line read ffrom a command output is
disturbing.  So like Heikki I would suggest to just remove the reference
and use a hardcoded, independent, size (could add a comment as well).
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Built-in connection pooling
Сообщение: Re: Built-in connection pooling