Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Amit Langote wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I too have wondered in the past what it would take to make
> > equalTupDescs() return true for parent and partitions.  Maybe we can make
> > it work by looking a bit harder than I did then.
>
> How about simply relaxing the tdtypeid test from equalTupleDescs?  I
> haven't looked deeply but I think just checking whether or not both are
> RECORDOID might be sufficient, for typecache purposes.

After looking at the code, I'm a bit nervous about doing this, because I
don't fully understand what is going on in typcache, and what is the
HeapTupleHeaderGetTypeId macro really doing.  I'm afraid that if we
confuse a table's tupdesc with one of its partition's , something
entirely random might end up happening.

Maybe this is completely off-base, but if so I'd like to have to proof.
So I'm thinking of reverting that patch instead per your patch.

While composing this we got emails from Robert and Peter G suggesting
the same too, so consider it done.