Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables
Дата
Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote wrote:

> Yeah, I too have wondered in the past what it would take to make
> equalTupDescs() return true for parent and partitions.  Maybe we can make
> it work by looking a bit harder than I did then.

How about simply relaxing the tdtypeid test from equalTupleDescs?  I
haven't looked deeply but I think just checking whether or not both are
RECORDOID might be sufficient, for typecache purposes.

If we just remove the tdtypeid test, check-world passes.