Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
John Naylor wrote:
> On 4/6/18, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > I don't think there's any great need to incorporate this into your patch
> > set.  As far as I'm concerned, v14 is ready as-is, and I'll just apply
> > this over the top of it.  (Note that I'll probably smash the whole thing
> > to one commit when the time comes.)
>
> Glad to hear it. A couple recent commits added #define symbols to
> headers, which broke the patchset, so I've attached v15, diff'd
> against 4f813c7203e. Commit 9fdb675fc added a symbol to pg_opfamily.h
> where there were none before, so I went ahead and wrapped it with an
> EXPOSE_TO_CLIENT_CODE macro.

Actually, after pushing that, I was thinking maybe it's better to remove
that #define from there and put it in each of the two .c files that need
it.  I don't think it makes sense to expose this macro any further, and
before that commit it was localized to a single file.