Re: pgsql: New files for MERGE

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: New files for MERGE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 05, 2018 at 04:02:20PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Simon, you have three committers in this thread suggesting this patch be
> reverted.  Are you just going to barrel ahead with the fixes without
> addressing their emails?

If my opinion counts, please count me in this bucket as well.  I have
seen also Peter G. commenting about the design of the patch in a very
advanced way and emit doubts, this is enough to convince me that
something wrong is going on here.  I have to admit that I did not look
at the patch in details but the design issues for the executor and
parser mentioned show that some low-level considerations have not been
taken into account, so this is worrying.
--
Michael

Вложения