Re: [noreply@postgresql.org: coder]

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [noreply@postgresql.org: coder]
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Does anyone know why our documentation comments are often just one word?
> What is causing this?

The form itself is causing it.  Have a look at it:
https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/10/backup.html/

it asks for my name, then my "short description", then "details".  OK,
so my short description is that I'm a coder, and perhaps I don't want to
enter a long description, so I click "save" --> surely the next page
will ask for my comment, right?  (The form does indicate "please fill
out this field" if I leave short desc empty, so by that point I'm
probably annoyed that it's asking for so many personal details.  It's
good that it doesn't *require* my whole bio!).

I think there should a clear separation between the two fields on top
and the two ones at the bottom.  Maybe just a line of text that says
"Please enter your documentation comment below".